Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tutorial: Simple Blue-Green eyes

I know this look is ANYTHING BUT simple to some of you, but in my world, this is as easy and simple as it gets. You guys wouldn't believe it but, I don't wear ANY eyeshadow to school or work! If I do, most I'd do is a wash of champagnish colour on my lid OR a highlighter. That's why I every time I use colours, I go all out and go bold!

I had no idea what I was really going for when I started this tutorial. I just picked up random colours and in the end, I came up with a look that's almost the same as my OTHER blue-green look. GAHH!! WHERE HAS MY CREATIVITY GONE?!

Hopefully you guys will use different, more EXCITING colours than the ones I've used. I just did this to show the process and technique.






























First thing you must do is start off with a clean, makeup-free eye.
Apply your favourite primer. I used and like Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Blend it out, all over your eyelid, upto your browbone.













Now, I want colours on my lid to stick, but I want the colour on my crease and high crease to be blended out and softened. Because UDPP is sticky (and blending is a b*tch on it), we'll pick up some powder with a big fluffy brush (Mac 224) and apply it in the crease, blending outwards. I usually use baby powder, but MUFE HD was nearby so I just used that. This will smoothen the area and colours will blend much nicer and softer.


Apply the powder and your highlight. Make sure it's satin or matte. We're using shimmery colours on the crease and want to balance out the look by using a matte highlight.

Next, I took a crease brush (Mac 226) and applied a matte blue eyeshadow (Ben Nye Cosmic Blue) in my crease, all around, focusing more on the outer half and not bringing it too close to my inner corner as I have close-set eyes. Another thing is, I almost always use a matte colour in my crease.
The reason is, matte darker colours, recede and make the crease appear deeper and darker. Shimmery colours reflect light and highlight. I usually only keep the shimmer on the lid, and use matte colours on the crease and up. Using shimmer on the lid and crease also doesn't look too good in pictures. All the shimmer will reflect light from the flash and it will just look like one big messy shimmerball.


Use a blending brush and blend it out. Start with a little bit of colour first, then keep going back and adding more colour and blending. It's easier to go darker, but not easy to go light from dark. So add a little bit of colour first then gradually build up to the intensity you want. I also patted some concealer all around my eyes and on the lid. This step is optional. At this time, you can also pat on some colour base if you want the eyeshadow to be brighter. I would have used dwelft paint pot from Mac but decided to skip it. Beacause it was ALL the way on the OTHER side of the room and and I was on my bed and was too lazy. So far, you should have something like this.

Next, I take my inner lid colour. I picked up Mac Gilded Green, but you can use any light shimmery green.
Apply the green on the inner half of your lid with a flat brush. PAT IT! We want the shimmer to stay and have the least amount of fallout as possible.

Next, I took Mac Teal Pigment with another flat brush. Tap the brush on the lid to get rid of the extra.

Pat it on the outer half of your lid.

You should now have something like this. But a little prettier because my camera sucks.


You can probably leave it like this and finish it off with some mascara and liner. But ...

I like to make things more dramatic. So I take my tiny detail brush and pick up some Mac Carbon. Make sure it's a matte black eyeshadow!


We then apply it in the crease, not going past the middle.

Take a blending crease brush (Mac 226) and blend out the black. You can go back and add more black, and blend it until you get it as dark as you want.
You should have something like this.

Now add some liner (Mac Blacktrack Fluidline), Mascara (YSl Faux Cils), and Falsies. And don't forget to take a small brush and run the colours on the bottom lashline too! Totally forgot that step. and VIOLA!

I hope this wasn't too confusing! And that it made sense and looks good because I'm at work as I type this lol in a 2 x 4 screen. I can't really see the whole thing. Sorry if this is too long and detailed!

Have a great day! <3


103 comments:

Raech @ ❤ilvoeshopping❤ said...

i love it! its pretty!

Raech
http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

Hershley's Sweet Kiss said...

wow...thats great! thanks for sharing!!

http://sweetkissmessage.blogspot.com/

Hershley's Sweet Kiss said...

lol i dont wear colors anywhere also!! 50 percent of the time i dont even wear make up! lol

http://sweetkissmessage.blogspot.com/

Emmy♥ said...

This tutorial was so helpful and clear to understand, the outcome is so pretty..
I'll defiantly be trying this look :)

xx
www.emmy792x.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

Beautiful! i really like the colours.

MsHeeyah said...

This is a gorgeous look!! I love blues/teals and greens together! One of my favorite colors combinations! :)

Simona said...

wonderfull make up... great work!

liloo said...

This is gorgeous, love this lotd :)
Thx for the tuto ;)
xoxo

Reina said...

Very pretty!

Stephanie said...

This is a great tutorial! These colors look beautiful on you :)

http://steffstarrr.blogspot.com

Izabell said...

I love it, nice one.

http://itsbellatime.blogspot.com

Phyrra said...

Very nice tutorial! I really like blue and green together.

Anonymous said...

Great tut, this is gorgeous! :D
xx

Taylor said...

what a cute look! i love the color combo!

taylor
http://www.etsy.com/shop/taymaree

All Made Up said...

gorgeous look and it really suits your skin and eye colour! =)

Sencillamente Kyra said...

Gorgeous look!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MentallyStrange(: said...

Love the look with the MAC pigments(:

Bintan Sholihat said...

wow!! I love your blog.. it is easily to be practiced.. thanks for sharing!

Milz said...

Thanks for step by step tutorial your eye make up is really great can you please show neutral eye makeup like this

Katrina Uragano said...

So beautiful!
You are an artist.

nicoletta said...

Thanks for the step by step detail it is really helpful. Also the tip about adding powder after Primer potion i did not think of that thankyou hun xx

Sara said...

thank you so much for this.. :) was really helpful

...Live.Love.MakeUp... said...

Beautiful!

http://live-love-makeup.blogspot.com/

FaShMeTiK said...

hey, this blogaward ist for you =)

http://fashmetik.blogspot.com/2010/07/ich-fuhle-mich-geehrt-d.html

MzXqzt said...

Just wanted to let you know I gave you a Blog Award on my blog: http://mzxqztt.blogspot.com/

Take a look and follow the rules! Congrats!

ImSoGirlie said...

WOW! your eye makeup look amazing!!! I need to learn more from you :)
Thank you for following my blog, I love to follow your blog too, very helpful x

Miilo1218 said...

WOW that looks fantastic love the post FOLLOW YOU CAN YOU FOLLOW ME BACK @ http://miilobeauty.blogspot.com/ THANKS:D
LOVE MIILO1218

Unknown said...

That is one gorgeous look!! Also, I have nominated your blog for a Blogger Award!

http://fabdiva20.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-award.html

Unknown said...

amazing colours - love it x

Blovet Beauty said...

So pretty!

Jonna said...

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing. x

ملاك الحب والرحمة said...

thank you ,verry nice

AnNeTtEe said...

awesome blog!!! I'm glad I found it!! you're gorgeous & you're great at how u do makeup... I'm so following... too bad I missed the giveaway.. but oh well!! still followin an amazing blog... =)

TINA said...

lovely. new follower!

beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

Princesa said...

Amazing look¡¡

www.estanochesoyunaprincesa.com

Ashley said...

Gorgeous eyes! I love the colors you've used :):)

I've given you the Sunshine Award ! Great blog, keep up the great posts :)

Unknown said...

This is great! Love this look
follow me too if you like

mythology20.blogspot.com

Glamorous Glory said...

nicceee check out my blog!!

Shahana Style said...

This looks great! I think you're the first person I've seen who does the crease first. I'm gonna try that tonight.

Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Is makeupforever HD powder any good? is it any different than other powders? I've been wanting to purchase it but i'm not sure. Love the look btw! :)

http://donnadell.blogspot.com

:)

Anonymous said...

Great look! Your past looks are gorgeous as well! Im a new follower, cant wait to see more!

Cari said...

Hi nice blog.....followed

Check out mine

Http://caricollazo.blogspot.com

PeachesandBlush said...

Wow that tutorial was amazing. I love love LOVE MAC Pigments. Theh have such gorgeous colours....

peachesandblush.blogspot.com

Stu said...

beautiful makeup! ❤

CoCoa Assassins said...

simply irresistible

www.cocoa-assassin.blogspot.com

Honi said...

Nice tutorial and nice look :)

fashion(s)ista said...

you really have talent, respect ;-)

Hardcore Makeup Junkie said...

Great tutorial! I'm so glad I came across your blog...new follower btw :)

Can't wait to check out the rest of your posts!

XOXO

Michelle
hardcoremakeupjunkie.com

Linda Kim said...

gorgeous look girl!!


doseofsugarxoxo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love this look! :)

http://shrilovesyou.blogspot.com/

Teresa L. Ellis said...

aWESOME TUT!!!


i will defo be back to see what you come up with next! Consider me a follower:)

feel free to follow me too if u like :)
I love to do give aways, and im currently trying to get my name out, I make lots of useful makeup related goodies. Such as lipstick holders, makeup brush rolls, and purses of all sizes.

Thank you for your time.
Teresa

http://teresaellis.blogspot.com/

Emilie Delance said...

Wauw! Looks amazing :D Love the blue/green coloures <3

Eva said...

Cool! You are really good.

www.museoffashion.blogspot.com

Estre said...

Pretty Colours!!1

Maocat said...

Hey!
I think it's a nice tutorial, but I was thinking... What about a little more black on it? Just a little, on the corner, and Eyeliner... Maybe it's the lack of it that makes you feel like this tuto it's almost the same blue-green look. ^^ Like instead of blending the blue until the eyebrow, maybe if that blue went to the inner of the water line (but very, very soft), and the black, blended, cover the corner of your eye, with pale green or blue or white blended at your eyebrow... Well, just an idea.
Sorry about me English. Getting used to use the english makeup expressions x.x
KissKiss

Lorin Kelly said...

You did a beautiful job!

xo
Lo

www.lorinkellyspotlights.blogspot.com

nada said...

que blog tan completo!!! te sigo!!!
http://esmepinup.blogspot.com/

j said...

You make it look so easy.I'm really butter fingered and doubt whether i'll be able to work powders.Will try it with pressed shadow.
I'm following you.If you could spare some time have a look at my blog.
http://beauty-n-d-blog.blogspot.com

Adina said...

Love it!

Lala said...

amazing, follow you now !
the tutorials are sooo great !

xoxo lala

come and visit me
http://lala-tulpe.blogspot.com/

Especialmente Gaspas said...

Uau... ficou lindíssimo :)

나니 said...

WOW this look really makes your eyes pop! : O

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

great tutorial...I just saw your blog and believe me...love it...your eyes are so pretty.

Traveliztera said...

You look totally amazing and so is this shade on you! :D

I was actually thinking of wearing those shades for a certain event and thanks to this tutorial, i can at least make them work together well. :D thanks!

Cupcake Couture said...

I love this, and never thought to start at the crease! Great idea!

http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful! thanks for sharing!

love your blog too, i'm a new follower :)

http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com

anamika said...

loved the look and following you:)

Coilybella said...

pretty as always.
tinukewilson.blogspot.com

Lady Flower said...

Ohhh. I love this make up.
I add to following :)

Unknown said...

thats amazing thanks for sharing xxxx

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things said...

Wow! You do make it look so simple :D Will get back to you after I've tried it! :)
Great blog!
XX

Check mine? And follow maybe?
http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

bodaciouscynth said...

That is such a pretty eye look !!
Anyways, i'm a new follower, as well new to blogspot !
Come check me out :
boaciouscynth.blogspot.com !!

Bettina@BeautySwot said...

I love the colours you have used - such a pretty look! I did a rainbow of colours on my eye and wished I had pictured it as it looked amazing!

New follower - please check out my site too :-)

www.beautyswot.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing colours! I love it, you are so talented! I'm writing a blog too, the subject is fashion, check it out and if you want we can follow eachother!
XOXO Lidia
www.thegirlbehindthefashionmask.blogspot.com

Steph said...

so so so pretty! xx

http://therealsteph.blogspot.com/

Margaret said...

great tutorial ! very inspiring blog <3

Nivedita said...

Very pretty look. love the use of both blue and green.

Dylana Suarez said...

Beautiful colors!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Wifezilla Hekela said...

Awesome Look :)

Jorien said...

Very pretty! The colours are very beautiful.

Your eyebrows are perfectly shaped too! Jalous!

Xx Jorien
she--said.blogspot.com

Ct Kathy said...

Thanks... I think it is beautiful.

Sofia Albino said...

que blog lindo,é eu sei que vc não fala minha lingua.Mas amei seu blog e já estou seguindo.
bjs*sofia
My Blog
http://cookeberry.blogspot.com

Honey Heart Beauty said...

Nice result. The darkest color is well applied, looking good, I like. I have such problem with blending, need more practice I suppose. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Your blog's so cute and your make-ups are so satisfactory :D I'm so impressing ^^

Eye Makeup said...

Really nice post. Your blogs is too good. I really love the makeup way the you do.
Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

http://adivatvaltozik.blogspot.hu/

That Hijabi said...

Hello! Lovely blog :) Just wondering if there was any email address I could reach you at?
-That Hijabi

Unknown said...

wow, amazing !

many different colors

cute..

Unknown said...

makeup obsession relating to makeup obsession please follow the link

NightLady said...

Aksaray
Aydın
Kütahya
Rize
Bingöl
A25X4

InfinityPioneerNinja9000 said...

Antalya
Antep
Burdur
Sakarya
istanbul
JCYF84

PlasmaSpecterWanderer314 said...

Afyon
Antalya
Erzurum
Mersin
izmir
J2R1B

ElectricNomadY12345678 said...

ankara parça eşya taşıma
takipçi satın al
antalya rent a car
antalya rent a car
ankara parça eşya taşıma
C46M

4EF99EricC5507 said...

6E025
Muş Lojistik
Çanakkale Lojistik
Diyarbakır Parça Eşya Taşıma
Bartın Evden Eve Nakliyat
Erzurum Parça Eşya Taşıma

88208DarrenCB90E said...

80E7F
Edirne Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Amasya Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Kastamonu Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Kocaeli Parça Eşya Taşıma
Çorum Parça Eşya Taşıma
Adıyaman Evden Eve Nakliyat
Karabük Evden Eve Nakliyat
Rize Evden Eve Nakliyat
Karaman Evden Eve Nakliyat

BCA53MalakD1E0F said...

91E12
Ünye Organizasyon
Çankaya Boya Ustası
Bitcoin Nasıl Alınır
Hakkari Evden Eve Nakliyat
Çerkezköy Çilingir
Eryaman Parke Ustası
Edirne Parça Eşya Taşıma
Yozgat Lojistik
Ünye Halı Yıkama

E1995Litzy25998 said...

3EC37
Bybit Güvenilir mi
Ünye Marangoz
Kütahya Parça Eşya Taşıma
Afyon Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Batıkent Parke Ustası
Osmaniye Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Giresun Parça Eşya Taşıma
Bolu Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Mamak Boya Ustası

6D4BABreannaEA45F said...

D0A65
Çerkezköy Marangoz
Sinop Parça Eşya Taşıma
Antalya Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Niğde Evden Eve Nakliyat
Yenimahalle Fayans Ustası
Bonk Coin Hangi Borsada
Kocaeli Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Tokat Parça Eşya Taşıma
Urfa Şehirler Arası Nakliyat

B4AACJuan7BAF2 said...

782EF
canlı görüntülü sohbet
Bingöl Telefonda Kadınlarla Sohbet
izmir kızlarla rastgele sohbet
kilis kızlarla canlı sohbet
tokat görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları ücretsiz
antep nanytoo sohbet
Mersin Bedava Görüntülü Sohbet
Bitlis Sesli Sohbet Siteleri
Ordu Sohbet Muhabbet

B09FBAviana88AC4 said...

6917E
adana mobil sohbet siteleri
bitlis ücretsiz görüntülü sohbet
artvin canli sohbet
ağrı rastgele sohbet siteleri
mardin rastgele sohbet
Nevşehir En İyi Görüntülü Sohbet Uygulaması
Amasya Canlı Sohbet Odası
canlı ücretsiz sohbet
Hakkari Yabancı Görüntülü Sohbet

C43ACTrista4E2D4 said...

5A186
Coin Çıkarma Siteleri
Threads Yeniden Paylaş Hilesi
Sohbet
Referans Kimliği Nedir
Linkedin Takipçi Satın Al
Parasız Görüntülü Sohbet
Sohbet
Kripto Para Madenciliği Nedir
Likee App Beğeni Hilesi

8E9DDSheldonCD571 said...

80914
Kwai Beğeni Satın Al
Binance Referans Kodu
Twitch İzlenme Satın Al
Clysterum Coin Hangi Borsada
Qlc Coin Hangi Borsada
Soundcloud Beğeni Satın Al
Trovo Takipçi Satın Al
Coin Nasıl Oynanır
Binance Borsası Güvenilir mi

24025Aliyah6C6C4 said...

7F628
Tiktok İzlenme Satın Al
Kripto Para Oynama
Osmo Coin Hangi Borsada
Facebook Grup Üyesi Hilesi
Hamster Coin Hangi Borsada
Binance Sahibi Kim
Twitch İzlenme Satın Al
Coin Üretme
Youtube Abone Hilesi

Post a Comment